Disclaimer: This is an unofficial community of Walmart Employees. The platform is neither owned nor affiliated nor endorsed nor sponsored by Wal-Mart Inc. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.

I haven’t received my W-2 as yet. What should I do to get one?

1 Answer

How to get your W-2? Haven’t received it as yet. - MyWalmart Help

This question has already been answered on the website. i am pasting the answer here for your ease.
You can follow these steps If you have not received your W-2 form as yet:
First of all, you need to contact your employer/Walmart personnel department to ask if they have mailed/ faxed you W-2. If they did but you haven’t still got it
1- Through mail: then it may have been returned to them due to incomplete or incorrect address details
2- Through Fax: due to incorrect fax number.
Update your complete address, phone number and fax number in their record and ask them to resend it on updated contact details. Once done, wait for some time for them to resend or reissue you the W-2.
If you do not get your W-2 by February 14th then call/contact the IRS at this number 800-829-1040. Don’t forget to provide them the basic information including; your full name, complete address, your city and state with zip code, you contact number/ phone number and your Social Security Number (SSN) along with the Name of your Employer, their complete address with city/state/zip code and phone number. You must also provide them the estimate of your earned wage, the federal income tax withheld along with the dates when you worked for your employer during the tax year. These estimate should be based on year-to-date information from your final pay stub or leave-and-earnings statement.
If you still don’t get your W-2 by due date after going through all the steps mentioned above then use Form 4852 which is a Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. Attach Form 4852 to the return as it is important to file your return in any case. If you receive your missing W-2 after filling your returns using Form 4852 and find the information different from what you have stated on your return, then you can always amend your return by filing a Form 1040X Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

Answer this question


Existing User

New User? Register Now



Do you have any
Walmart questions ?

Ask a question