Disclaimer: This is an unofficial community of Walmart Employees. The platform is neither owned nor affiliated nor endorsed nor sponsored by Wal-Mart Inc. All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.

1 Answer

How do I get a copy of my W-2 for 2016 - MyWalmart Help

One of the easiest and quickest way to get an old W-2 form would be to call the payroll department of your ex or current employer. Since it is necessary for the employers to keep a record of important tax information of their employees including your current and previous W-2 so you can easily get the old copies of your W-2 from them.
If you have hired a Tax preparer for yourself, who files your taxes on your behalf then you can get the old copy of your W-2 from them as well. But before you contact them you need to make sure about the following things:
• You need to have your Social Security Number (SSN) with you.
• Your mailing address should be updated in their record. If not, then provide them the correct mailing address.
• Be clear about the year of the W-2 form which you want them to send to you.
And last but not the least ask them how long this whole process will take for you to get the copy of your old W-2 form.
If your company has hired a company for their payroll duties then get their contact details from your employer and contact them. Again, don’t forget to ask the above mentioned bulleted point.
If you are unable to get your old W-2 form from your employer then you can request a copy from the IRS. If you want to request the actual copy of your W-2 form (not less than 10 years old) along with your tax returns then click the below link (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript )to get the required copy through IRS’s “Get Transcript” tool. You need to file the form 4506 to the IRS which will cost you $50 per copy. Make sure you make full payment to avoid any rejection of your request. File form 4506-T to the IRS, if you don’t want the actual copy of your W-2 form and you only want the federal information that was reported on your W-2. You can get this information free of cost. Before you request a copy of your W-2 form from IRS, make sure you know that IRS only keeps record of your all tax documents and old W-2s from last 7-10 years under you SSN. Sign and send the duly filled Form 4506-T or 4506to the address mentioned on the form. Your request may take up to 75 calendar days to get processed. You can also call IRS at 1-800-908-0046 for further assistance.

Answer this question


Existing User

New User? Register Now



Do you have any
Walmart questions ?

Ask a question